Saturday, August 20, 2011

meeting my death

Edit
i happen to meet my death!!!
by Aasif Khanday on Monday, August 8, 2011 at 4:59am

there was a moment: of exasperation

and of a feeling as if i saw death looking down at my face...

that moment came, after a long night's sleep

when normally i should have been feeling soberer-

than any other night where i switch my sides a hundred time-

but i felt the urge to go back to sleep...

to that world, where there is all so black and white-

but yes, sometimes my dreams are in color also

though blurred, shady and entertaining miserly-

and mostly i get to play by my own rules...

i would visit a place and not worry about money;

i would go out with a girl and not worry about its consequences;

i would build a garden and cherish its shade;

i would through a party and be the chief entertainer;

i would make friends with everyone and foes with none;

i would just fly and go to my dear ones;

i would think...and it would just happen.......

so why would i want to wake up from that world,

where there is everything in my control?

for all that i had left behind the night before i slept?

that may be right, as i do love those who shower their love on me...

and want to live for them, for so long as the providence helps it...

but just for once, the day i over-slept........

i did not want to come from my dreamy stupor...

i wanted to live for myself and forget about the world...

as soon as i was back to the dreamland,

i saw death staring me in my face....

no color was there, no whiteness either...

it was all so black with none of my dreamland-rules working...

i was only too happy to bid the sleep adieu...

and since then, my sleep hasn't been my best escape

to all the worries that threaten my happy survival...

No comments:

About Me

My photo
i am from South Kashmir in IOK. Had my MA from KU and am presently doing my M-Phil from HCU. i have one significant problem: people consider me a bore...i guess i am not very friendly to strangers...